1. Jennifer Lawrence is from Louisville. We're all kind of rad here.
In all seriousness, we are. Louisville is so hot right now.
2. Jennifer Lawrence is the youngest person to ever be nominated for two Oscars, one of which (for Silver Linings Playbook) she won.
She also tripped adorably while running to get her Academy Award.
3. Jennifer Lawrence is a great example of body positivity in a thin-obsessed industry:
In her own words: "...Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn’t lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn’t still hurt me. If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like, ‘You can go **** yourself." (source)
She is also aware of her status as a role model for young girls. She told Marie-Claire: “I’m totally normal. You see these 12 and 13 year olds ordering salads with dressing on the side and thinking they need to be on a diet...I do want the stick-thin trend to end." (source)
4. She's so down to earth, but she also looks like this:
5. Jennifer Lawrence has set up a special screening of her new movie Catching Fire (the second in The Hunger Games trilogy) in Louisville two days before the official release of the movie to benefit adult and teens with mental disabilities.
Wave 3 reports that "Lawrence has paid to show a special screening of the movie in her hometown two days early". You can purchase tickets starting at $125. The benefits from this early showing will go to St. Mary's Center, in honor of Jennifer Lawrence's childhood friend, Andy Strunk, who has down's syndrome. (source)
Catching Fire comes out in theaters everywhere November 22, but you can see it on November 20 if you get your tickets here.
Photo 1 courtesy of Elizabeth Myers , all other photos courtesy of shutterstock