Down South Boulevard-Still considered the Uptown Area
- Nikko Japanese Restaurant and Sushi - awesome sushi place
- Vinnie’s Oyster Bar - drinking, raw and steamed oysters
- Sullivan’s Steak House
- Fuel Pizza
- Mac’s Speed Shop and BBQ - 2511 South Boulevard: OMG! They call it a “bikers bar” and you’ll see a lot of bikes out there but trust me, these are bankers who would like to be real bikers and they’re riding high end motorcycles. Bar B Q at it’s absolute best. Nationally acclaimed, featured on several TV cooking shows. One BBQ critic said Mac’s had the best Bar B Q beef brisket ever. Downside, it’s always crowded. It will likely have a line. Upside, The line and crowd moves in and out quickly. Good bar there too.
Dilworth Community-Park Road
- Fiamma, 2418 Park Road, 704-333-3062 - This is my favorite Italian Restaurant. It’s more pricey than some, but worth it if you want a memorable great meal. It’s not a large place so you’ll need to call to make a reservation. It’s in a strip type shopping center-not much to look at but excellent food.
- Ru San’s Sushi - just two doors down from La Fiemma in the same strip of stores. It has easy parking. It has GREAT sushi. They play techno dance music-very festive atmosphere. When you walk in the sushi chefs all greet you loudly and make a lot of noise, beat pots and pans and yell. It’s one of the most popular sushi spots in Charlotte near Uptown.
South Charlotte-Southpark Area (not that Southpark)
A little further from Uptown but a good place to go if you have your own car or a rental car.
- Southpark Mall- Southpark is the area where a lot of bankers and doctors live. So it has all the big stores, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Belk’s, and tons of other stores and shops. This whole area is jammed packed with restaurants featuring all kinds of foods.
- Aruji’s wine room and Italian food located around the mall area is pretty good. There are some Sushi bars are in and around the mall.
- Restaurants at the mall- Maggiano’s Little Italy- Italian chain-good food
- Cheesecake Factory
My thanks to Mike. So now go, Enjoy Charlotte and GO CARDS!
Photos by EpiCentre, OwnCharlotte, Mert's