Items permitted for carry-in by patrons on Oaks and Derby Days include (with changes and adjustments from 2012 in ALL CAPS):
- Purses, but NONE LARGER THAN 12 INCHES IN ANY DIMENSION (all subject to search);
- Baby/diaper bags – ONLY IF ACCOMPANIED BY A CHILD (all subject to search);
- SMALL CAMERAS, BUT NONE EQUIPPED WITH DETACHABLE LENSES OR LENSES MORE THAN 6 INCHES;
- Food items in clear plastic bags (maximum size 18” X 18” - no trash bags – limit of two bags per person);
- “Box” lunches in clear plastic bags or containers (maximum size 18” X 18” - no trash bags);
- Sunscreen (non-glass containers only);
- Small personal music systems, radios and televisions (no boomboxes)
- Cellular telephones, smartphones and tablets (patrons could be required to turn devices on);
- Seat cushions (without back);
- Strollers (ONLY if carrying a child);
- Chairs (Gate 3 ONLY);
- Blankets & Tarpaulins (Gates 1 & 3 ONLY).
Information about Churchill Downs can be found on the Internet at www.ChurchillDowns.com.