I have seen more Facebook posts, tweets, Instagram snapshots, and internet articles about winter than I care to any longer. Are you with me, Louisville? I don’t want to see another shot like this one:
Of snow…or ice…or a car stranded on the side of I-65…or another text alert that JCPS is CLOSED. Good grief, where is spring? She’s coming. We’re beckoning.
This weekend in and around the Louisville area, spring starts with many festivals, parades, events, and family fun that showcase the best of spring in our city. Here are some tips for you, compiled all in one place. All you have to do is hit Add to Favorites on your browser and bookmark them.
· Start by perusing this fabulous list put forth by LouisvilleFamilyFun.net
· Check out Louisville Kids Fair
· Go on a family-style scavenger hunt with the Instafam Hunt on Museum Row
· Walk through NuLu and stop at infamous Muth’s Candies
· Read up on some history of the Belle of Louisville and get ready for spring excursions
· Get set for the return of Thunder Over Louisville
· Take the family to the new MakerSpace at Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
· Browse these ideas for spring/summer – memberships et al to many of Louisville’s area attractions, museums, and educational institutions and more
· If it’s still a little too chilly for your taste, check out this great list of indoor fun with kids in Louisville
Have a great weekend with your family!
Photos courtesy of Louisvillefamilyfun.net, Belle of Louisville, www.kidstuffsale.com, shutterstock.com; cover photo by Erin Nevitt